Monday, September 5, 2016

Air Travel

Hello, friends. I'm back with a card that I made for our grandson to thank folks who contributed funds to help make it possible for him to travel with his classmates from California to Washington, D.C. and New York. He made the trip in May, and it's something he'll remember all his life.


 I bought the Tim Holtz United States die at least 2 years ago when I was in Florida. I purchased the Fawn Lawn airplane and cloud stamp and die set last summer. The sentiment is CTMH and it's cut with a Fawn Lawn stitched die. All card stock is from my stash.

The USA die is so cool, but it's very hard on senior eyes! As you cut the United States shape, the individual states are also cut and fall out...California was easy to pick up, since the shape is so distinctive. New York and DC are small and gave me fits. I only wanted to highlight his home state and where he was going so those are the only states I glued in place. I think I made about 22 cards.  I was happy with how they turned out and so was our grandson.  

Challenges:
Djkardcreations NBUS #7 
Just Us Girls #359 - Word Week (Travel)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Sentiment:  Close to My Heart (retired)
Dies:  Tim Holtz United States, Fawn Lawn Bon Voyage, Fawn Lawn Stitched Rectangles
Paper:  My stash
Inks:  Close to My Heart

Thanks for visiting!






4 comments:

  1. What a perfect card to use as a Thank you for this particular occasion. I've seen that die, and I'm glad you mentioned the little bits that fall out. Perhaps if you cut it with double side adhesive on the card stock, would that make the layers stay in the die better? Or use dryer sheets? (there's some youtube videos on this). I can guess it might be a real pain with some of the tiny state shapes. You did a swell job with it. Hope you're all recovered, and able to enjoy the more pleasant days we've had lately. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a special card, Sheila! I love the mix of dies and my favorite colors look great against the kraft base! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome die, and I can only imagine trying to pick out those states. I'm sure your grandson LOVED this card, as do I. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so personal and so perfect for thanking your grandson's supporters, Sheila! It was worth the tired eyes!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!