Monday, September 19, 2016

Stencil Thank You

Hi, Friends,

I'm posting a thank you I made for a friend. I used Distress Inks through a stencil. I matted the background on blue paper after cutting it to size, then glued it to a white card base. Finally, I added a sticker flower, a die cut thanks, and some sequins for a quick and easy card.

Sorry about the glare in the picture. I tried photo editing, but this is the best I could do. I really didn't want to use a sticker flower, but I find I don't have any simple flower dies. I'll have to remedy that soon. As for why I didn't just stamp and fussy cut a flower, my arthritic right thumb was giving me the blues, making using scissors a bit painful.  I needed the card in a hurry, so I went for the sticker.


Card stock:  Recollections
Die Cut:  Paper Smooches
Stencil:  Ranger Dylusions Triangles Small
Distress Inks:  Broken China, Salty Ocean
Accessories:  My stash

Challenges:
Paru's Card Making Challenges -Words (September)
Craft Your Passion Challenges #330 - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stamper - Anything Goes with Dies (September)


Our logo        Please grab yourself a badge for your  blog


P.S.  Somehow I entered the wrong picture when I tried to link my card to HLS Anything Goes with Dies Challenge. I hope to get it corrected soon.

P.P.S.  Thanks to Happy Little Stampers for deleting my incorrect link so I could link up this card. Sometimes my computer and I just don't get along...

Thanks for visiting!






8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the thumb is acting up. Hope it subsides very quickly. Great job on the sharp clean edges of the stencil outlines here, and you picked some beautiful colors to work with too. Liked the matting effect...and your flower looks perfectly fine as an embellie. Beautiful card, well done, you! TFS & have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I do have a reason to buy at least one flower die😍

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with stickers, Sheila! This one works perfectly with your pretty thank you card design! I hope your thumb feels better soon!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sheila! I love how you stenciled the background, looks so beautiful. I also love your flower, nothing wrong with using a sticker flower!!! I know all abut the arthritic fingers and thumbs, no fun at all but keeping using it (not to fussy cut) to keep it from stiffing up more. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card with a fab background! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with a Die.

    Emma - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card with the stenciled background!
    Thank You for playing along with HLS - Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!