Monday, September 18, 2017

Fanatabulous Cricut Challenge Blog #310 - Fall

Hello, friends!  Fall is the theme for our new challenge at FCCB.  I love seeing the leaves change colors. It's hard to believe, but Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner.
Challenge #310-Fall Season
Make a project about the fall (sports, leaves, etc)!

Our sponsor is The Dreaming Tree
The winner will receive a $20 Gift Certificate!


To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used. If you use a Cricut Explore machine, at least one cut must be from the Cricut catalog of images.  If it isn't a card, you will get two entries into the drawing!


 I made a birthday card for my brother-in-law for my project.  I think it's appropriately masculine with a definite sense of the season.  I sure hope he likes it.



I created the background paper using a rubber stamp.  I cut the tag from white card stock using a Cricut cartridge. The acorn was cut out as a part of the tag.  I sponged inks on the tag. I colored the acorn using Spectrum Noir markers and set the pieces back into the negative spaces.  I cut the twig from the same cartridge and colored it with markers. I used green paper, punched out the leaves, and distressed the edges with ink to add dimension. I glued everything down and stamped the sentiment.  So now my card is ready to be mailed!

Card Stock:  Recollections 60 lb and 100 lb
Inks:  Distress Wild Honey and Spiced Marmelade; Close to My Heart Chocolate
Spectrum Noirs:  TN3, 4, 8, 9;
Punch:  E K Success
Stamps:  Stampin' Up Hardwood (background); unknown sentiment stamp
Cricut Cartridge:  Close to My Heart Art Philosophy

Challenges:
 Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Clean and Simple
Always Fun Challenges #24 - Fall Colors
Crafting from the Heart #175 - Anything Goes

    Grab our button  Crafting from the Heart Badge

 Thanks for visiting!






2 comments:

  1. This is a perfect fall birthday card! I love the stamp and the great color. I know that your brother-in-law will love it!
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!