Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Difficult Card - Sympathy

This is my second post for the day.  (I've never done two posts in one day before, so I hope what I've done is ok.)  To see my Sympathy card, please scroll down.

This card is for a new challenge that ends tomorrow so I've got to get it posted quickly.  I'm entering ABC Challenges SIP Challenge (Stamps, Ink and Paper).  I made this for my neighbors' anniversary.


The CS, DP, ribbon and pearls are all from my stash.  The stamp and sentiment are CTMH.






Hi, there.  Today I have a sympathy card which I made for a friend.  We all know how difficult it can be to make sympathy cards.  I always struggle when making one.


The stamp is CTMH, the ink is Memento.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder and and the sentiment is a $1 wooden stamp from Michaels.  Cardstock is from my stash.

I'm entering this in the challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks - 155 (Sympathy) and Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!Love the design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautifully done, Sheila! I love the slanted bird image along with the lace ribbons! The sympathy card is just the right amount of color and subtlety! Always a joy to see your cards, do not ever feel bad about posting it often--just ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are very lovely. I just purchased that bird CTMH set recently and haven't had a chance to use it. I love that you made an anniversary card with it. Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never easy having to make or send a sympathy card, but this is really beautiful and I think it will be a real blessing and comfort to its recipient. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week, and please stop by to join us again soon. Your art is such a blessing to us and I'm grateful for your participation.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree sympathy cards are the hardest but I know from experience they mean the most to the recipient! Thank you for sharing them with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty sympathy card - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are so beautiful! I really like the lovely bird image on your anniversary card and your sympathy card is perfect with the pretty flower image and nice layout too. I'm so glad you were able to play along with us. I hope you can join us again at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These two cards are so soft and very lovely, Shella! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!