Sunday, March 30, 2014

613 Avenue Create #65-Anything Goes-Option Create Your Own Color Challenge

Oh, Happy Day!!! The sun is shining brightly, but it is cold, cold, cold outside. I'm just happy to see the sun :) Our challenge at 613 Avenue Create has the delightful option of allowing you to create your own color challenge.  You can choose from 1) blue/purple/turquoise; 2) yellow/pink/orange; 3) blue/pink/white. Our sponsors are Aurora Wings and Kenny K. I used blue/purple/turquoise and had fun with Kenny K's Fish Digi:


I think this little guy is just darling.  I used color pencils and baby oil. (Not Gamsol - I saw Gina K use this technique. You don't need to open a window.) For the water, I used the direct ink pad to paper technique with Broken China and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks. I cut the waves using a 1" circle punch. I popped up the fish, added a few sequins, and stamped the CTMH sentiment with Memento Grape Jelly Ink. All the papers are from my stash.

I'm entering these challenges:  Challenges 4 Everybody #39 - Anything Goes ; Crafting by Designs - Sea Recipe (Water, Sequins, Sea Creatures); Sister Act Card Challenge #50 - Anything Goes; Word Art Wednesday #125 - Anything Goes.

I hope you have a wonderful week - craft away!!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I like how you used the glass pieces as a prop, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little fishie. Love his purple outfit, and I'm really liking the way you did those waves. Great technique with the Direct to Paper, and your circle punch really did create some realistic waves on the paper. Lots of dimension on this pretty card too. TFS & Hugs (we're 78 here on 3/31..Hooray).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shelia I love how you did this little fishy card up! The water is fabulous and love how you did the ink on the paper, I also love how you colored your cute fishy. The sequins add so much, looks like bubbles as the fish jumps out the water. Great scene and super cute card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!