Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Emboss Resist Card

This card is for the husband of a friend of mine. He suffered a stroke, but is progressing well, thank God. I wanted to try something new so I gave the emboss resist technique a try.  After embossing some Martha Stewart leaf stamps in white, I sponged on distress inks. The Paper Smooches sentiment is also embossed, but on vellum. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  Take a look:


Distress Inks:  Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade
Ink:  Versamark,
Embossing Powder:  Wow Clear, Wow White
Card stock:  My Stash
Stamps:  Martha Stewart (leaves); Paper Smooches Spiritual Sampler
Accessories:  Vellum (my stash), Theresa Collins enamel dots

Challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday ChallengeTotally Resistable
 Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Embossing on Vellum
Craft Your Passion #333 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesdays #252 & 253 - Anything Goes
 Grab our badge:Please grab yourself a badge for your  blog

Simon Wednesday Challenge Bloghttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6W9asyS5Q09ZgvBoR1b_mQw0tOCtQV9SCpBMiLmaO66rOIEAzw4huRnab5_c9UpjJK_WRb51_xXat_ClxIkijf6NAHJOpv7w4UlNk-oqZRxKLU1JCtIlSjbABQ0iv1v14jXajhO7YX44K/s1600/Oct+2016+CAS+Badge.jpg

Thanks for visiting!






8 comments:

  1. Such sweet and delicate card, Sheila. Embossed leaves are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be pleased, Sheila! This is a stunning card using that technique and I'm sure it will bring your friend's husband much comfort! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to your friend for his continued recovery. And this lovely card is sure to bring him lots of joy & pleasure knowing you thought of him. Good job on the technique...it's just beautiful. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...you totally rock at Emboss Resist! The colors are gorgeous, Sheila! I love how you used the vellum sentiment! I am so thankful that you still visit my blog often. I wish you and family a Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and pretty card. LOVE the emboss resist. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Totally Resistible Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card - those delicate leaves look fabulous with the emboss resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the soft colors
    Thank you for sharing with HLS CAS.
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!