Sunday, January 22, 2017

Colored Pencil on Kraft

Well, I decided to enter Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8 - using colored pencils on kraft. Now, let me tell you, this challenged me to no end!  I'm not very good at coloring with pencils at all.  But I settled into my craft room and gave it a try.

This card is actually my 4th and final effort. I colored a cupcake image and then two different flowers. They were all miserable failures so I tossed them. Finally, I tried a word image.  I'm not real pleased with it, but I got it done. And I'm pretty sure I won't be trying this technique again - seriously! I really envy my fellow crafters who can color beautifully with any medium - sigh!

My NBUS is the stamp from CTMH that I've had about 5 or more years, and the Darice heart die that I got about a month ago.

Card Base:  Pre-scored pad purchased from Tuesday Morning months ago
Other Papers:  My stash
Sequins & Washi:  My stash
Colored Pencils:  Crayola

Challenges:
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #8 - Use Colored Pencils on Kraft Paper
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge- January 2017
Crafting When We Can #136 - Spots and/or Stripes

 I'm barely getting this in under the wire at Darnell's blog. I just hope the next challenge isn't as hard - LOL!!


 Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)       Please feel free to copy to your sidebar

 Thanks for visiting!






8 comments:

  1. Cute card Sheila, anything with love in it I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off to you...I can't color on Kraft at all. It's always good to try new techniques! Love the papers you used and your card is very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fabulous job on color on the kraft cardstock Sheila! I love the design of your card and love the word art and heart. I'm not great at coloring either, but I keep trying. lol One day I will learn! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, bless, Sheila! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #8 and tackling the optional theme!! (Why do you think I waited so long to try that technique myself, lol!) You're a trooper and I'm glad you persevered because this card is a delight!! Now, remember, you don't HAVE to do the optional bits, just use your NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being WAY too hard on yourself! I'm glad you joined in the challenge, alas, I got mine done too late (got in the challenge but with a Christmas NBUS!) I like your card, and you did much better on the pencil coloring than you think you did. (wait til you see mine! I'm rubbish with pencils too, and find kraft hard to blend too). So don't give up on the pencils, now hear? Big hugs, and I hope you've got the same pretty sunshine today, as we did. After several days of rain. Hope none of those storms were close to ya'll. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Crfatyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenges.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us at the CWWC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!