Saturday, March 4, 2017

30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 3

I did some coloring for Day 3 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge, but did not have time to post yesterday.  This is the bird that I colored.  As I look at it today, I think it might have been nice to add texture by putting some dots on his body.  I can't remember exactly what this technique is called, but I know I have seen it done.  I may do that later. But for right now, I like how it looks and don't want to mess with it. Actually, as I think about it more, I'd like to add grass and sky to make the bird ready for a card. So I guess it's really not finished. 



My intention is to use this coloring challenge as a learning experience. I can do basic coloring, but not easily and not excellently. At this point, coloring doesn't relax me, although I can't say I'm tense doing it as I was when I first started.  I'm just not totally comfortable.  I struggle with blending a lot.  And I definitely struggle with just chosing which colors to use. Hopefully, somewhere along this journey I'll get better and actually have fun coloring.  How do you feel about coloring, really??

I'll be back later with Day 4.


Thanks for visiting!






5 comments:

  1. Love the CAS & your coloring here is just fab. I know the 'dots' technique you mention, and I struggle to do it well. (Pointilism?) I think this bluebird of happiness looks just fine as he is, but I understand what you mean. Your blending looks pretty good to my eyes!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the word, Mary, pointillism (I had to check the spelling in the dictionary). Thanks for that. I appreciate your sweet remarks.

      Delete
  2. Sheila, this bird is adorable! I love the way you colored him and your blending is done nicely. Not sure why you don't think you can blend. I like using the "dotting" too to give texture to images as well. But I am loving your bird how it is. I do love to color even if I don't do it often, and I do find it relaxing. You need to quit worrying about being perfect and just enjoy the process! I think you will enjoy it better. Your coloring is good, so just enjoy it! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I'm so glad you like my bird. I really do think this challenge is good for me.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!