Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Shout Out to Darnell

Today is the last day of Darnell's NBUS Challenge #12 so I'm rushing to get one more entry in.  This is a birthday card for my friend and neighbor, a beautiful young wife and mother.  She favors spike heel shoes as do most young women so I put a fancy shoe on her card.  But I have a story to tell about the shoe stamp.

A few months back Darnell gifted me with a medium priority mail box of stamps and dies that she purged from her stash. We had corresponded, and she offered to send me some items when she cleaned out some things in her play house.  Well, I never expected to receive such an abundance of kindness.  This shoe stamp is one of the items. Darnell is kind and generous beyond words.  She would not even accept payment of postage for the box of goodies she sent. Can you believe that?!  Darnell is one of the most talented and generous people that I know.  I simply cannot say enough good things about her.

My NBUS are the stencil for the background and the shoe stamp. I created my own background paper by inking through the stencil.  I stamped the shoe and then cut around it with an oval Nestabilities die, dusting it with chalk.  I mounted everything on a black panel which I glued to a white card base. Finally I stamped the sentiment and die cut it.

Card stock:  Recollections 60 lb and 110 lb
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Versa Magic Red Magic
Stencil:  Melissa Francis (couldn't find a name on the package)
Stamps:  Rubbernecker Butterfly Shoe; Anna Griffin (sentiment)

Challenges:
Darnell NBUS #12
Crafting from the Heart #177 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenge #124 - Anything Goes Option Create Your Own Background

IT'S HERE!    Crafting from the Heart Badge



Thanks for visiting!






13 comments:

  1. So chic and stylish. Awesome ink blending for your background. This pink high heel is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, and ohhhh that high heel is really tres chic! :-)
    Sheila you should enter this beautiful card in the October Challenge at "Creative With Stamps" HERE:
    http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy shoe fun stenciled background too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you have me blushing, Sheila! It was my pleasure! And it's my pleasure now to see you reloving this shoe stamp for your friend and neighbor who will really love this cool card! See how these things work out?! You did a brilliant job with your handmade stenciled background and I think that little sediment panel is perfect for your design!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love your challenge, Darnell. Thanks for your kind comments. And thanks for being such a kind blog buddy!

      Delete
  5. So very stylish! Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely Darnell story! And she is amazingly kind & generous, not to mention super talented in the card making stuff. Funny too. I love how you've used the elegant slipper, and it's made such a pretty card for your dear friend. The soft pink shoe looks very chic with the shades of your stencil pattern too. Good job all round! TFS, Hugs & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Your comments always mean a lot to me!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card, love your background and that shoe is fabulous! Thank you for sharing with us over at Creatalicious Challenges! We hope to see you again!
    Sherry x - DT for Creatalicious Challenges
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional make your own background” challenge over at Creatalicious. To be eligible for the prize draw you need to link back to our challenge blog though.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!