Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

It's Halloween and we're getting ready for the neighborhood trick or treat traffic.  I almost forgot to post this card I made weeks ago for our grandniece.  She has a black cat named Smokey so I knew this would be perfect for her.  For some unknown reason, I forgot to take a picture of this card before I mailed it.  So I asked my niece to send me a picture.  And here it is:


I blended distress inks onto white card stock and then cut out a panel using a stitched die.  I inked up the panel with Versamark and heat embossed it so it shines, which is hard to tell in the picture. I cut the pumpkin using an image from my SNC2.  The cat is from some Stampin' Up paper (sorry, I don't know the name). I stamped and hand cut the sentiment.

Cardstock:  Recollections 110 lb, my stash, and Stampin' Up
Die Cut Pumpkin:  Scan and Cut 2 image
Inks:  Dusty Concord, Chiped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn & Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks; Versamark; Memento Black
Sentiment:  Hampton Art
Die:  Fawn Lawn Stitched Rectangles

Challenges:
Die Cuttin' Divas #341 - Pumpkins (I hope my SNC image counts as a die cut)
Always Fun Challenges #30 - Halloween
Crafting from the Heart #181 - Anything Goes

 
Add us to your blog!   Grab our buttoncrafting from the heart


Thanks for visiting!






4 comments:

  1. Great colors and a fab blending job to create this awesome background for the Halloween ghoulies. Love those waterspots behind the punkin and black kitty too! Bet your niece loved this one! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! Love the background and the pretty pumpkin!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! Love the background you created.
    Thanks for sharing with Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!