Friday, March 16, 2018

Blossoms and Twofer Challenge

Hi, there!  I've here with my entry into the fabulous Twofer Card Challenge.  The theme is Blossoms this month.  I tried to stretch my stamps by using a simple tulip image on one card and turning the tulip into an umbrella (think back to those bubble umbrellas years ago) for the second card.  Now for some, this wouldn't have been much of a stretch, but I assure you that it was for me - LOL!



Here are my card details:


For this card, I used a stencil to create the rain drops.  The clouds are snippets left over from another Cricut project.  I stamped the tulip in orange and colored the middle yellow.  I stamped the stem and leaves (the two parts of the flower are separate) in brown and then cut the handle from that image.  

Card stock:  Recollections 60 lb. and 110 lb.
Inks:  VersaMagic Persimmon & Sea Breeze; Close to My Heart Chocolate
Spectrum Noir Marker:  CT1
Stamps:  Close to My Heart, retired

Here's my second card.  I categorize it as an Encouragement card (edited) :


Card Stock:  Recollections 60 lb. and 110 lb.
Ink:  Close to My Heart Sweet Leaf & Topiary; VersaMagic  Purple Hydrangea
Die:  Tim Holtz
Stamps:  Close to My Heart (retired)



Thanks for visiting!






7 comments:

  1. As my friends from England would say, Sheila, what a clever little sausage you are! I absolutely love your sweet tulip umbrella! Someone will see this and manufacture them, I'm sure! And your single tulip with the pretty lacy edging is so pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I have trouble doing the 'stretch' too, and I think you've succeeded marvelously! The 'brolly is a cute way to use the tulip image (wish I'd have thought of it! LOL) and I like the stenciled raindrops. It's also very pretty as the conventional spring flower with the lace 'grass' as the border. TFS & Have a great weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to turn your tulip stamp into a bubble umbrella, Sheila. I do remember those many, many years ago. Your cards are so fun, bright and cheerful. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to flip the tulip for an umbrella! Very cute idea~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea to use your tulip stamp as an umbrella! Fun card! And your other card is so pretty with the lacy edges!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is an awesome way to make use of that tulip. Great as a blossom and great as an umbrella too. How fun! Thanks for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clever girl you! What a wonderful way to stretch your stamps Sheila! I'm not that clever, but you have made this tulip look just like one of those bubble umbrellas and I love it! I also love your second card, the tulip is so pretty. I also love the die cut sides, so elegant and beautiful. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment!